Third/Fourth Day

Day/Three
July 1, 2009

I used a foam cutter today! It was my first time using one and it felt good. Studio Gang has a project in California and I made one of the neighboring houses for the first model. We had to estimate the dimensions since we only had photographs, but it was interesting to see how architects can estime measurements by, for example, using the height of a basketball hoop in front of the house. Using the foam cutter was pretty easy after Will explained how to use it. I practiced for a while and finally measured out the right size and made a nice rectangular prism.

I also continued working on Photoshop for the interior rendering of the Blackwood Apartments. I showed Mark three different examples: one with white silhouettes, one with black silhouettes, and one with both. I personally liked the white one and Mark did too since it stood out. I had to change the transparency and then I was done! Learning Photoshop in terms of architectural renderings is great. It's going to come in handy for Newhouse!

Day/Four
July 2, 2009

A new rendering for the Blackwood Apartments! I love this one. It involves a life-size chess game in the entrance. I have to remove furniture, add the chess board and pieces, and add silhoettes as well. I've learned a few new tools on Photoshop, such as the clone stamp. It's such a useful tool, especially when removing objects like furniture. Claire is such a great help. Her explanations are helpful and straight to the point. It takes me a while to do the renderings, because I haven't used Photoshop for this purpose before but I really hope Mark likes this one! I want to try to go to the Blackwood Apartments and take some photos of my own. Field trip!

I have Thursday off for Independence Day.